We'll Help You Protect What Matters Most
From employee benefits – including Disability, Life, Dental and Vision insurance to Individual Disability Income Insurance and Annuities – The Standard is committed to helping people protect their lifestyles, families, futures and health. Whether you're insured through your employer or on your own, you can count on us to be here when you need us most.
Founded in 1906 and headquartered in Portland, Oregon, The Standard has been keeping promises for more than 100 years. We’ve earned a national reputation for quality products and superior service by always striving to do the right thing for our customers. We’re easy to reach and ready to help – online or on the phone.
Products Designed With You In Mind
Talk to your insurance advisor about how The Standard’s products can help you create a secure financial future.
- Individual Disability Income Insurance – helps protect your biggest asset: your income
- Annuities – help you create a stable income stream, now or in retirement
The Standard provides insurance to approximately 24,000 groups, covering approximately 6 million employees nationwide.*
- Disability – Long Term Disability (LTD) and Short Term Disability (STD) insurance can help replace a portion of your monthly income if you're disabled due to a covered illness or accident
- Life – in addition to basic Group Life, your employer may offer the option to add Additional, Spousal and Dependents Life insurance
- Dental – freedom to choose your dentist and in-network cost savings
- Vision – plans designed to provide choice, care and value
Note: The information on this page refers to Standard Insurance Company. Some details do not apply to The Standard Life Insurance Company of New York, which offers group LTD, STD, Disability Benefits Law, Life, Dental and Vision coverage, as well as Individual Disability Income Insurance in New York state.
* As of June 30, 2013, based on internal data developed by Standard Insurance Company.